"Time for Regular Service”
We’ve all seen it, and it comes on every 7,500 miles or so. It’s the service light in our P2 Chassis Volvo which is located at the information display on the lower left of the instrument cluster. It only stays on for about 120 seconds once the engine is started, but it’s still one of the most frequent questions we get here at FCP Euro - How do I reset it? It's quite easy, and we’re here to show you how.
- Insert your key and turn the Ignition Switch to key position I
- Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer when it’s in T1
- Turn the Ignition switch to position II
- The orange service reminder indicator triangle will start flashing in the center of your instrument cluster when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 5 seconds, which will be followed by an audible chime if done successfully.
Keep in mind that along with resetting your Service Light, you should also perform the needed service. We recommend to check out our OE Mann maintenance kits found on our site here.
Jay has been with the company since 2011. He's been in the automotive industry for over 25 years and brings a great amount of automotive experience to FCP Euro. He graduated from Universal Technical Institute of Exton PA. in 2005 and then went on to graduate from the Volvo S.A.F.E program in 2006. From there he worked at a Volvo dealership for 7 years before joining the FCP Euro team achieving his ranking as a Certified Volvo Technician in 2 years, and a Master Volvo Technician in 4 years. During his tenure, Jay VanGorden has worked in multiple areas and roles within FCP Euro and is currently the VW Catalog Manager.