This Genuine Mercedes front driveshaft is designed for Mercedes-Benz W204 4Matic models produced from 2008 through 2015. Replace your front driveshaft at the first signs of issues before you end up with a catastrophic failure.
Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft Failure Symptoms
The front driveshaft on the W204 4Matic models is a common failure item. Any time you are under your W204, you should be inspecting your driveshaft for even the slightest of symptoms. Catching it early and replacing it before catastrophic failure is a must. And when we say catastrophic, we mean it—when it fails, your driveshaft can easily flail around and take your transmission with it.
Some of the symptoms of a failing front driveshaft are:
- Squeaking when taking off from a stop
- Clunking when getting on and off throttle
- Red/brown dust around the u-joints
- Excess play in the u-joints
There isn't a service interval or any recommended replacement mileage with your front driveshaft. This is why we recommend inspecting your u-joints whenever you are under your vehicle.
If you are new to working on your Mercedes W204, you should budget 5-6 hours to replace your front driveshaft. If you've done this job before, or are comfortable working on it, you can get this job done in around 3 hours.
Mercedes-Benz W204 Models Applicable
This front driveshaft fits a range of Mercedes-Benz W204 4Matic models between the years 2008 and 2015, including:
- 2008-2014 Mercedes-Benz C300
- 2012-2015 Mercedes-Benz C350
- 2010-2015 Mercedes-Benz GLK350
Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft 3D Parts Diagram
- We do not have a 3D diagram available at this time.
Parts Included with Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft
- Only the driveshaft is provided.
Additional Parts Required with Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft
- No additional parts are required for the replacement process.
Special Tools Required with Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft
- No special tools are required for the replacement process.
Additional Parts Recommended with Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft
- There are no additional parts that we recommend replacing during the driveshaft replacement process.
Aftermarket Upgrades for Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft
- We don't recommend using an aftermarket driveshaft here and always recommend the Genuine Mercedes Replacement.
Since this driveshaft can fail at any time at any mileage, it's a good thing that it comes with our Lifetime Replacement Guarantee like everything else we sell. You can drive your car for another 100,000 miles and when it needs to be replaced again, just follow our return procedure.
In the video below, Kyle Bascombe, our Mercedes Catalog Manager, gets up close with this Mercedes-Benz W204 Front Driveshaft. If you're unsure if this front driveshaft fits your car, you can verify the fitment by going to our homepage and using the vehicle selection tool in the upper left corner. As usual, if you like this Really Quick Product Review, subscribe and check back here for regular releases in the future.
Writer/Editor at FCP Euro and owner of a daily R53 MINI Cooper, a track-built R53 MINI, and a 1997 Dakar Yellow E36 M3 Sedan. ••• Instagram: @evan.madore