Repair Resource: BMW Coil Spring Parts Lookup
You may have noticed that certain BMW springs are not listed on the diagrams in RealOEM.com or ETK.cc; this is because BMW has a special and very specific way of handling the springs for their cars. As an example, instead of using the same spring on say all of the 2004 325Xi’s with the sport suspension, they calculate the exact weight distribution of a particular car using all of its specific options down to even navigation systems and xenon headlamps. This info is then automatically combined with the suspension type of the car to determine the appropriate part numbers. BMW has a special resource to determine these numbers which they call a Spring Table. You will need to login to the BMW AG ETK site to access this table, I have listed instructions below.
This is site is hosted by BMW and is also a general electronic parts catalog very similar to ETK.cc. You can enter the chassis number of any foreign or domestic BMW and pull the catalog for the exact car based on the VIN info. You can either search graphically via the Graphic Parts Search or by Description via the Specific Parts Search.
Using BMW’s Spring Table
- Click “Visit the Electronic Parts Catalogue”
- Enter login info in pop-up (listed on above page)
o User name: eu111111
o Password: bmwetk1
- Select ‘Specific Parts Search” on the left side menu
- Select ‘Spring Table” from the drop down menu that opens
- Enter the Chassis Number (last seven digits of the VIN) in the appropriate field at the top of the page and then click the button with two arrows to the right
o I used Chassis Number WG78901 as an example
- A page then opens with the car’s factory installed equipment pre-selected
o All of this info is automatically used to determine the weight distribution of the car and is then combined with the suspension type of the car (sport, standard, M) to pull up the part numbers of the exact front and rear coil springs installed from the factory
- Click “Calculate Springs”
o Appropriate front and rear spring part numbers are listed at the bottom of the page.
- Bring part numbers to the BMW Vendor Pricing sheet to pull up pricing
- For the chassis number above, part number 31333413149 is specified for the front and 33533413184 for the rear.
If anyone has any questions or would like to run through the process together email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call.
About The Author: Scott Drozd