You Had Questions About Automotive Maintenance & Systems - We Answered Them
Here at FCP Euro, we get asked questions every day about common automotive systems and maintenance. The questions are typically straightforward, and range from simple to complex.
But sometimes, we get some really specific, controversial questions, like: "How much camber is too much camber," and "do I want a smaller or larger turbo?"
Rather than dismiss these questions, we wanted to ask them to our catalog managers as well as a few people in the company who don't know much of anything about cars....without telling them first, of course.
This week, Darren, Ben, Nate, Gareth, Kyle, JR, David, and Mike answer all of your top questions about forced induction, specifically, turbochargers—and these are (click the question to be taken directly to that section):
- What does a turbocharger do?
- Why is an intercooler important?
- Why do people tune turbocharged cars?
- Do I want a smaller or larger turbo?
- What is turbo lag?
- What are the differences between single turbo vs twin turbo vs twin scroll turbo?
- What is a turbo timer?
- Why should you turn your cars start/stop function off?
- What's the difference between blow off valves and diverter valves.
- What happens when you over-tighten an oil filter?
- What happens if you don't change your oil?
- What is the recommended oil change interval?
- What oil filters are the best?
- Do aftermarket oil coolers do anything?
- What do oil specifications mean?
- What's the difference between motor oil and cooking oil?
- How do you know if you have air in your brake lines?
- What is the proper way to bleed brakes?
- Is it difficult to bleed brakes alone?
- What is bedding brakes and is it necessary?
- Why do some brake pads rattle and have to be glued?
- What is brake bias?
- What is coolant and how long should it last?
- How do you know which coolant to run?
- Which is better: Silicone or OEM rubber hoses?
- What happens when your car overheats?
- Why do track cars run straight water?
- What is a coilover suspension?
- Should you run coilovers or lowering springs?
- Polyurethane bushings or OEM rubber bushings?
- How much camber is too much camber?
Like our new You Ask, We Answer series? Don't like it? Let us know in the comments below. And don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay up to date with all the upcoming episodes.